Long-term, closed March 16, 2020
Religion, belief, and faith are very personal and complex topics that affect the lives of people around the world and in North Carolina every day. This new student-curated exhibit looks at five prominent religions from across the globe. Using objects from the museum’s collections, photographs, audio, and loans from the local community, the exhibit focuses on Christianity, Islam, Judaism, Hinduism, and Buddhism. The exhibition discusses the history, variations, and beliefs of each of these religions through artifacts from a variety of cultures.
This exhibit is enhanced with audio clips from local religious services, interviews with WFU students, and commentary on spirituality. You can access the audio below:
- Listen to a WFU student speak about belief and faith here.
- Listen to a WFU student speak about her experiences with Christianity here.
- Listen to Rabbi Mark Cohn chant from the Torah Book of Genesis here.
- Listen to Rabbi Mark Cohn chant from the Torah Book of Exodus here.
- Listen to Rabbi Mark Cohn chant from the Torah Book of Deuteronomy here.
- Listen to Buddhist monks chanting here.
- Listen to a female Buddhist monk chanting here.
This complete exhibit is now available online. Explore it here.